In this blog post is a summary on how to take a tab of acid or how to consume lsd for the best experience. Lysergic Acid Diethylamide often referred to as “acid”, has been around in its current form for decades. LSD was first synthesized in 1938 by the Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann. While he was working for Sandoz laboratories researching compounds that would act as respiratory and circulatory stimulants. LSD’s psychoactive properties weren’t discovered until 19th April 1943, which later came to be known as Bicycle Day. The day Hoffman intentionally ingested the substance to ascertain its effects. How to take a tab of acid.
While LSD is a synthetic substance and was created in a lab, it is derived from ergot. This is a fungus that grows on rye and other grains. Midwives used ergot medicinally to help ease labor pains as early as the 1500s.
Since then, people did thousands of studies on the effects of LSD. Individuals use it for both recreationally and therapeutic purposes. Clinical research has shown that this potent psychedelic substance can be highly effective when treating alcohol and opiate addictions.
How to consume lsd
Many people are apprehensive about taking the acid because of the cultural baggage surrounding its use. During the 1960s counterculture movement, the acid became popularized through the likes of Timothy Leary, an ex-Harvard psychologist who publicly encouraged young Americans to “turn on, tune in, drop out.” Rising in popularity amongst America’s youth, the acid quickly gained a reputation as a party drug. Adding to this, the Nixon administration demonized its use who declared Timothy Leary “the most dangerous man in America” and formally declared the “War on Drugs”. How to take a tab of acid.
However, as scientific research into psychedelics continues to grow, it shows that LSD can help people have meaningful experiences, giving way to insightful new ideas. To some extent, the effects of LSD can be unpredictable, but the most common ones include alterations and/or enhanced sensory perception and changes in thought patterns.
People who are under the influence of LSD may experience visual and other sensory distortions, changes to their thought processes, as well as intense emotions such as euphoria. People have reported experiencing surprising or new insights while on the drug.
Research identifies a neural system, the Default Mode Network(DMN), that typically activates when a person is daydreaming. LSD and other psychedelics may interact with the DMN in producing the effects that occur while on the substance. How to consume lsd.
What Are the Different Forms of LSD? (how to take a tab of acid
LSD comes in several different forms. There are over 100 types of LSD on the market today. And they fall into four main categories: blotter paper, liquid solutions, tablets/microdots, and gelatin sheets. LSD on blotter paper is the most common form of the substance you can find.
LSD blotter is typically divided into about 1/4″ squares referred to as “tabs”. The dose in a single tab may vary. You can expect the full experience somewhere between 100-200 ug of LSD. We suggest lower doses when using it for the first time. We create paper blotters by taking a sheet of absorbent paper and soaking it in a liquid dilution of LSD. The dosage can vary greatly from one batch to another. Because of the method used to make blotter tabs, there is no practical way to know the exact dosage of a particular tab. You either test it or see a chemist. Adjacent tabs on a sheet will usually contain very similar levels of LSD. How to take a tab of acid.
LSD is water-soluble and usually disssolves in alcohol or water. There are two main methods of taking liquid LSD. One way is to add it to a beverage and drink it. The second method, which requires more caution but produces a stronger effect on the body more quickly, is to place drops of the liquid underneath the tongue. A single drop of liquid LSD could be very strong so it’s important to measure your dose to avoid ingesting too much and to minimize undesirable effects.
Gelatin or Sugar Cubes
The acid in gelatin form is also known as “window panes”. It is made by mixing liquid LSD with gelatin and forming it into small, thin squares. Similarly, you can drop liquid LSD on sugar cubes.
Safety First (how to consume lsd)
When deciding on whether to take LSD or not, safety should be the number one priority. No matter the purpose for or method of taking LSD, one should take note of the following safety precautions:
- Avoid taking LSD if you are pregnant or have certain health conditions. If someone chooses to take it they should be in generally good health. If there is personal or family history of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or other psychotic disorders, LSD and other psychedelics should be avoided.
- Avoid taking LSD when taking medications that it may interact adversely with. One should avoid the use of it while taking tricyclic antidepressants or lithium. Mixing it with MDMA or cannabis may increase the chances of having a challenging trip because it can increase the hallucinogenic effects, although some people choose to mix LSD with MDMA or cannabis to experience a different trip and, in the case of cannabis, perhaps reduce nausea.
- Test your LSD. It is important to be 100% sure that what you’re ingesting is pure. It and other psychedelic drugs, when purchased from non-reputable sources, can sometimes be mixed with other dangerous substances. Purchase acid blotters from a reputable source like us and test for purity.
- Have a trusted, sober sitter who is trusted and experienced in supporting psychedelic sessions. A sitter’s job is to be present with the person taking a given substance to help ensure a safe and positive experience. Having a trusted sober guide will reduce the chances of a bad trip. This person should be someone that the LSD-taker feels comfortable with and trusts. They should have a deep knowledge of psychedelics and the safety guidelines for use.
how to consume lsd
LSD experiences can be incredibly unsettling at times, especially if moods are low or thoughts take a somber turn. So-called “bad trips” can happen at any time and even experienced LSD-takers are not entirely immune to their effects. To reduce the chances of having a challenging trip, take “set and setting” into consideration. Set and setting refer to the psychological, social, physical, and cultural parameters that are present during a psychedelic trip.
Before deciding to use this acid, the following factors should be considered:
- Mindset: What is the person’s mood like at the time of the trip? Have they prepared and thoroughly researched benefits and risks? What does the person expect to gain from the experience? Consider long-range mindset. If the person has previous traumas in their life, this may resurface during the trip.
- Physical Setting: Is the person surrounded by people they trust, including an experienced guide or sitter? Is the person indoors in a therapeutic or clinical environment? Are they outdoors in a natural setting? Experiencing a trip in a clinical setting or alongside an experienced guide will produce a much different experience than tripping at a party or club.
- Comfort: Some people prefer to experience a trip in darkness and with evocative music. Others prefer to experience a trip outdoors while connecting with nature. Much of the comfort factors will depend on the person’s individual preferences.
How Much LSD Should Someone Take? (how to take a tab of acid)
The appropriate amount and how to take acid will be dependent on the desired outcome. Dosage can vary depending on the type of LSD as well as where you source it from but generally falls into one of two categories: a full dose, or a microdose.
While there are no exact criteria for a full dose of LSD, and the dosage will likely differ in clinical settings versus recreational use, a full dose may range anywhere from 25ug to 200ug, with you feeling full effects somewhere between 100-200ug. A microgram is equal to one-millionth of a gram, or one-thousandth of a milligram. If a person is seeking to experience a psychedelic trip, a full dose can be used. When taking LSD for the first time, one should start on the lower end to gauge how much he needs to produce the effects he desire. How to consume lsd.
Microdosing is an alternative option for those who are not looking to experience a trip but would like to experience the health-related benefits of LSD. Microdosing has allowed people to explore some of the benefits of LSD without the fear and stigma that is typically associated with it. When done correctly, microdosing allows people to have a safe, therapeutic experience with perceived lasting benefits. Typically, a microdose is somewhere between one-tenth and one-twentieth of a full dose.
What Does an LSD Trip Feel Like? (how to consume lsd)
A person’s unique body chemistry, as well as set and setting, plays a major role in how they experience the effects of LSD. Some people may have a stronger resistance to the drug and will experience less intense visions than others. As previously stated, many factors contribute to a personal experience with LSD, including dose, mindset, setting, and personal body chemistry. Some people may have a higher resistance to the drug and won’t experience visual effects as intensely as others.
Some people report that LSD helped them gain insight into themselves, their lives, and the nature of the universe. Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple, said that his experience with the acid was “one of the most profound experiences” of his life. Some people associate psychedelic substances with greater spiritual awareness. When the moods of both the person taking it and those around them are buoyant or contented, the experience can be highly enjoyable. How to take a tab of acid.
One of the most difficult things about a trip is that it’s impossible to know when a bad trip might occur (although taking safety precautions mentioned above can greatly reduce the chances of challenging experiences).
How Long Does LSD Take to Kick In, and How Long Will It Last? (how to consume lsd)
Because the effects of LSD are different for everyone, the amount of time it takes to feel the effects will vary from person to person. Some people may notice effects as soon as 10 and 40 minutes after ingestion, while for others, it could take up to two hours. Pharmacological measures such as “peak plasma level”, or the time at which the most LSD is in your bloodstream is in the range of 90 minutes after ingestion, and the “half-life”, or time at which the blood level is one half of the dose you take, is about 2.5 hours.
Interestingly, the subjective effects will “peak” around 3-4 hours after ingestion, and effects can last anywhere from 8-16 hours. To add to LSD’s long duration, even when it wears off it is sometimes hard to fall asleep. For this reason, one should plan to take LSD on a day when there are no other responsibilities and there is no need to drive anywhere.
On a trip, the person’s perception of time can extend and distort, making them feel like they’re on a forever-long journey. People who know this ahead of time—and can remember that they WILL eventually return to their normal state of consciousness—are less likely to experience anxiety or a bad trip.
The Bottom Line (how to take a tab of acid)
LSD is a substance and you should respect and treat it seriously. Do not take it carelessly without proper preparation. When used appropriately and in a safe and secure setting, people can have positive, meaningful experiences. Remember to always obtain psychedelics from a trusted source and test for purity.